Karolinska Institutet (KI), alongside with its public and private partners, has initiated a novel strategy towards improved innovation and an open innovation ecosystem.
KI has taken steps to improve its innovation output by following a road map:
- Establish governance structures that interconnect the innovation players
- Change mind set towards innovation and expose students and staff to light towers
- Encourage bottom up approaches and breed entrepreneurship
- Provide coaching capability regarding product, service and business development
- Accompany the innovation value chain with competent doers from early scouting to mature products and services
- Involve from early proof-of-concepts to mature businesses risk-taking and private investment
- Internationalize regional innovation centers through global partnering
- Implement novel types of strategic partnerships with industry and procurement partners
- Define innovation Key Performing Indicators (KPIs)
At the breakfast meeting Alexander von Gabain, Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Innovation and Commercial Outreach at Karolinska Institutet will present the road map. The meeting is arranged by IVA`s Division for Biotechnology.
Photo: Lisbon Council