The winner is chosen by the foundation’s board which welcomes suggestions of young researchers, preferably those who have held a PhD for a few years or have equivalent, documented expertise in the area. A strong entrepreneurial spirit is among the selection criteria.
Some past recipients
- 2021 Ali Ghodsi, University of California, Berkeley
- 2020 Peter Hedström, Royal Institute of Technology
- 2015 Shahrouz Yousefi, Linnaeus University
- 2013 Carina Höglund, Linköping University
- 2011 Rüdiger Lincke, Linnaeus University
- 2009 Albert Mihranyan, Uppsala University
- 2007 Adam Dunkels, Swedish Institute of Computer Science
Board members are: Lars-Erik Eriksson, Erik Hagersten, Pontus Johnson and Gösta Lemne.
After many years and great perseverance, Swedish American and inventor Chester Carlson launched a brand new technology for copying documents and founded the Xerox corporation. His invention was easily on a par with Gutenberg’s printing press.
Photo: Courtesy of the Xerox Corporation