Swedish management has been shaped over several decades and has its roots in our society, based on prosperity and security, and not least on the Swedish consensus tradition. It has in particular emerged in our strong international engineering industries. What are the typical characteristics of Swedish management? Swedish leadership has been documented over the years but it is constantly evolving and is facing new challenges today. Is typical Swedish leadership equipped to meet the challenges of a new era?
Today, alongside our successful global corporations there is also a new generation of creative digital companies with value offerings and business models that have been made possible, among other things, through digital technology. A striking number of companies have quickly achieved international success and are attracting employees from all around the world. They have value offerings specifically targeting us as consumers and users – such as games, entertainment, fashion and media, as well as the care sector. These new companies are showing traces of a different Swedish management style. What does it look like? What typifies it?
Questions to be addressed at the seminar are:
- What is Swedish management?
- How has Swedish management evolved?
- How do Swedish management principles hold up today in 2019 in light of today’s challenges and new generations to lead?
- What does leadership look like within new, younger, emerging Swedish companies?
- How can Swedish leadership continue to evolve?