The purpose of the seminar is to shed light on how new technology that incorporates artificial intelligence can be used within an important Swedish basic industry – mining, and in a growing sector – space engineering. Mining, space engineering and data storage all also have a strong presence in Norrbotten and Västerbotten Counties. We want to explore how Swedish industry is developing thanks to digitalisation’s opportunities.
Programme and participants
10 a.m. – Introduction
- Welcome – Tuula Teeri, President of IVA
- Introduction – digital conversion for Sweden
10.30 a.m. – Theme Mines
- Mining and AI, Jan Moström CEO LKAB
- Does more data lead to better decisions? Mikael Nyström, CEO Mobilaris
11.15 a.m. – Theme Space
- Europe’s space research and AI, Michael Rast, Head of Science Strategy, Coordination & Planning Office, European Space Agency (ESA)
- Northern Sweden’s advantages from a space perspective, Olle Norberg, former Director General of the Swedish National Space Board and Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Space Technology, Luleå University of Technology
Noon – Lunch break
1 p.m. – Norrbotten – a county for fresh ideas
- Björn O. Nilsson, County Governor
1.20 p.m. – Theme Data Storage
- Development of the data centre industry, Emma Fryer, Associate Director at techUK.
- Development of the data centre industry in northern Sweden, Tor Björn Minde, VD RISE SICS North
2.05 p.m. – Applied AI
- AI in practical applications
- Machine learning, AI and human-computer interaction, Marcus Liwicki, Professor in machine learning, Luleå University of Technology
2.50 p.m. – Coffee break
3.10 p.m. – Panel discussion
3.50 p.m. – Summary, Erik Höglund, Chairman IVA North, Professor, Luleå University of Technology
4 p.m. Buffet reception
The moderator for the day is Erik Höglund, Chairman of IVA North and a professor at Luleå University of Technology
The seminar will be held in English.
IVA warmly welcomes you to the seminar and the reception afterwards!