Thursday, 5 November, 2020 17:30 - 19:30 GTM+ 1
The ICT sector, which includes the internet (through cables or wireless), consumer electronics, data centers and online machines, is expanding rapidly. This is increasing the pressure on our energy supply – particularly the growing number of data centers. We need a combination of new energy-efficient technology and an expanded grid to meet the demand in all parts of the country.
- How much energy does today’s ICT sector use? What will it look like a decade from now?
- What does energy use look like in different parts of the sector? How can technical development impact future demand?
- What is happening on the research front in this area?
Opening remarks, Tuula Teeri, President IVA
1. Overview, current situation and forecasts.
George Kamiya, International Energy Agency, Anders Andrae, Huawei, Jens Malmodin, Ericsson, Hilda Stenberg and Andreas Bjärlestam, both from SVT.
2. Data centers in Sweden – current situation, competition and outlook.
Tomas Sokolnicki, Business Sweden.
3. A Brief Look into Possible Developments in Electronice & Photonics for Data Centers and General Applications.
LarsThylén, Professor emeritus, Photonics and Microwave Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology
Moderator: Birgitta Resvik, IVA Fellow, Electrical Engineering division.
The seminar is in English.