Will there be a climate agreement for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations? The Paris conference will put pressure on our policy makers to find a pathway towards a low carbon economy.
At the seminar at IVA there will be a presentation of Policy intervention for a competitive green energy economy, a project of the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics, IIIEE. The project's goal is to understand, explain and improve the policy making process towards a low carbon economy. Experiences from countries around the world will be presented. The seminar will also provide insights from several IVA projects.
The following questions will be discussed:
- What is a “green economy”?
- Are there any effective policies or instruments?
- What is the current status of CO2 emissions?
- What are the barriers preventing a low carbon economy?
- What is the cost of new technology?
- How can the implementation of new technology be supported?
The participants will include: Bo Normark, Chairman of Electricity Crossroads; Professor Lena Neij, International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics, IIIEE; Associate Professor Luis Mundaca, IIIEE; Professor Tomas Kåberger, Chalmers University of Technology and Nina Ekelund, Hagainitiativet.
Moderator: Mattias Goldmann, Fores